6th May 2016 Lecture 3
- Yamaraja is death personified, and he does not get stopped by anyone.
- The chanting of the Holy Name is not restricted.
- No rule given in the Vedas ever get in the way of devotional service. They only get in the way if we think they have the same value as bhakti – we trip over our own low consciousness.
Continue reading SB 6.3 Yamaraja Instructs His Messengers
Chapter 6 started 5th May 2016 Lecture 1
- We should work on yama and niyama, not on rights.
- Leadership may do the best they can, but even during Lord Caitanya’s time there were people like Ramacandra Puri – to show that we cannot please everybody.
- We cannot satisfy anybody on the material platform – the material modes can turn things around too quickly.
- Who are we to expect something from the devotees?
Continue reading SB 6.2 Ajamila Delivered by the Vishnudutas
CANTO 6 started 29th Apr 2016 Lecture 3
- Canto 6 explains how the Duties of Mankind is to connect themselves to the Supreme.
- Subsequent creation = Secondary creation
- SB 2.10.1 – The 10 subjects of a Purana
- Prescribed duties are posana – how things are maintained.
- We are supposed to learn how one who did something wrong will still be protected.
- The person doing wrong should be corrected, and also those who think that such a person cannot be corrected should be corrected.
Continue reading SB 6.1. The History of Ajamila
CHAPTER 23 started 25th Apr 2016 Lecture 1 at 08 min 40 s
- From 4th Canto onwards descriptions are always connected to the Lord as a person and His desire.
- The movements of stars and planets are complex so we do not become bored trying to figure them out.
Continue reading SB 5.23 The Sisumara Planetary System
CHAPTER 22 started 22nd Apr 2016 Lecture 2
- The Lord establishes what is auspicious and what is inauspicious.
- Calculating auspicious and inauspicious times makes us think, but actually all situations are supposed to be about the Lord, not just what’s auspicious and inauspicious for us.
Continue reading SB 5.22 The Orbits of the Planets
CHAPTER 21 started 22nd Apr 2016 Lecture 1
- The Universe is set up the way Lord likes it, for the elevation of the living entities, therefore there are different places and different mentalities.
- We must follow the Vedas, but the whole point of the Vedas is to perform our duties to please the Lord.
Continue reading SB 5.21 The Movements of the Sun
CHAPTER 20 started 21st Apr 2016 Lecture 2
- If we accept sabda, with time we will have the anumana (kind-of understanding) and then pratyaksha – direct perception of what was heard.
Continue reading SB 5.20 Studying the Structure of the Universe