- The Lord’s impersonal aspect is spread everywhere, but it does not mean that the Lord is impersonal.
- Everyone has an impersonal aspect. Perceptions of qualities is impersonal, but qualities have their personal applications.
Continue reading Bhagavatam Class 7.9.36 Sridham Mayapur
6th May 2016 Lecture 3
- Yamaraja is death personified, and he does not get stopped by anyone.
- The chanting of the Holy Name is not restricted.
- No rule given in the Vedas ever get in the way of devotional service. They only get in the way if we think they have the same value as bhakti – we trip over our own low consciousness.
Continue reading SB 6.3 Yamaraja Instructs His Messengers
Chapter 6 started 5th May 2016 Lecture 1
- We should work on yama and niyama, not on rights.
- Leadership may do the best they can, but even during Lord Caitanya’s time there were people like Ramacandra Puri – to show that we cannot please everybody.
- We cannot satisfy anybody on the material platform – the material modes can turn things around too quickly.
- Who are we to expect something from the devotees?
Continue reading SB 6.2 Ajamila Delivered by the Vishnudutas
CANTO 6 started 29th Apr 2016 Lecture 3
- Canto 6 explains how the Duties of Mankind is to connect themselves to the Supreme.
- Subsequent creation = Secondary creation
- SB 2.10.1 – The 10 subjects of a Purana
- Prescribed duties are posana – how things are maintained.
- We are supposed to learn how one who did something wrong will still be protected.
- The person doing wrong should be corrected, and also those who think that such a person cannot be corrected should be corrected.
Continue reading SB 6.1. The History of Ajamila
CHAPTER 23 started 25th Apr 2016 Lecture 1 at 08 min 40 s
- From 4th Canto onwards descriptions are always connected to the Lord as a person and His desire.
- The movements of stars and planets are complex so we do not become bored trying to figure them out.
Continue reading SB 5.23 The Sisumara Planetary System