This course is part of Sastra-Caksus, Year 2 and consists of 101 lectures, available on:
Given in Bhaktivedanta Academy, Sridham Mayapur, November 2011-April 2012
The following are lecture notes briefly delineating its contents.
- If we are surrendered to Krishna, the results of whatever we do belong to Him.
- Mayavadis have serious authority issues.
- The living entity is always subordinate, both in karma and jnana.
- Happiness and distress are there, but if one is not disturbed by them the service will go on nicely.
- ‘Body’ includes gross body, subtle body and the environments we are in.
- Understanding difference between cit and acit takes care of the karma part, but then to take care of the jnana part, one has to understand the difference between cit and Ishvara.
- One can understand the constitution of the ocean by a drop, but not it’s volume.
- The material modes are always changing, but goodness changes slower than passion and ignorance therefore it is much easier to work with.
- The thought patter is reversed in the mode of ignorance.
- To properly understand the relationship between the living entity and the Lord, the material energy has to be seen in the proper perspective.
- Mayavadis are insane in that they think that the soul and the Lord are the same.
- Being insane and being intelligent can be there at the same time.
- The culture is seen as if the soul is doing the activity, but the actual vision is that he is not doing the activity, but the activity should be performed for the pleasure of the Lord.
- The material modes take us through various motions. But if we are not under the modes, we don’t have to be involved in those motions, unless they have some use in the service of the Lord.
- Models put their consciousness into the clothes, therefore the clothes are noticed. Similarly, material elements like mind, intelligence etc are not alive, but because we put our consciousness into them, they appear to be moving and alive.
- The soul is eternal and does not change. The material energy, even though it is eternal, is constantly undergoing change in its manifestations, and if we identify with it, we feel that something is lost.
- Consciousness and knowledge are both cit.
- All movement forward in devotional service happens because of association of devotees, and the most important activities in devotee association are hearing and chanting about the Lord.
- When the soul is supposed to leave the body, there is disease, accident etc, but it does not mean that that event makes the soul leave.
- A person in the mode of goodness can appreciate every moment. Only in goodness it is possible to actually be happy.
- When illusion is removed, we see the material creation for what it is, not that it disappears.
- We tend to think that it is the external activity that makes for Krishna consciousness, but actually it is seeing the connection to Krishna.
- Memory, intelligence, mind and Krishna consciousness.
- Out of body experience.
- Asking any question we have to keep in mind that we are trying to practically use it in Krishna consciousness.