This course is part of Sastra-Caksus, Year 1 and consists of 91 lectures, available on:
Given in Bhaktivedanta Academy, Sridham Mayapur, September 2010-April 2011
The following are lecture notes briefly delineating its contents.
- Nakshatras are on the topmost platform of goodness in the material world
- Arjuna is afraid and ask the Lord what is His mission because he does not know the Lord in that form.
- He is time and has come to destroy the worlds.
- He will destroy everyone in a special way.
- Only a few warriors were left after the battle on both sides.
- 12:40 Savyasacin – expert at shooting arrows.
- 15:30 Nara and Narayana Rishi always use bows and arrows.
- 17:00 Everyone will be killed by their insulting Draupadi.
- Vedic culture is always balanced.
- Actual conclusion of the Vedas is acintya-bhedabheda tattva.
- Acintya bhedabheda tattva compared to other philosophies.
- 21:00 Even impios activities can be connected to Krishna consciousness, but better connect pious. Not connected pious has no value on its own.
- Impious is what goes against the nature.
- Good and bad activities are so in connection to Krishna.
- All advices in modern management books work because of Krishna.
- Modern managers don’t come close to what Prabhupada did.
- 36:00 The science of Krishna consciousness doesn’t change due to different conditionings.
- 37:45 If we think that Krishna consciousness is relevant only to the modern, that’s the philosophy of Buddhism.
- 39:45 Preaching to more intellectual and to more emotional people
- 40:30 People who present themselves as intellectual, but are sentimental
- 48:00 How to tell whether man or woman wrote the screenplay
- The best movies and stories combine emotions and intelligence
- 53:00 Radharani being angry when Krishna looked at someone else and mundane woman becoming angry.
- 62:00 Puranas bring out what the material glitter is and how to engage it in Krishna’s service, then cut it.
- Upanishads explain that there is no glitter, that the real glitter is the Lord.
- 71:00 Sentiment is not enough to make the relationship work.
- 73:00 The arrogance of youth.
- 79:30 All material philosophies fit into the duality of karma and jnana, but in the spiritual world there is no such duality.
- Buddhi yoga means all the activities of karma with the detachment of jnana
- 88:45 Nice elements in the universal form are there due to inclination towards the Lord, and vice versa.
- But even the in the nicest situations in the material world there is death
- The Lord’s dealing with demigods and demons is reciprocal.
- The wife acts within the environment provided by the husband.