This course is part of Sastra-Caksus, Year 1 and consists of 91 lectures, available on:
Given in Bhaktivedanta Academy, Sridham Mayapur, September 2010-April 2011
The following are lecture notes briefly delineating its contents.
- Sambandha Abhideya Prayojana in relation to karma yoga
- The process of liberation starts from the point of changing consciousness
- Karma-yogi and Jnana-yogi is the distinction between kanishtha and madhyama adhikaris
- 17:00 People who achieve things in the material world have a clear identity
- Jiva is an expansion of the cit shakti
- 32:55 Prabhupada’s understanding is so far ahead of everybody else’s, but because he using language that anybody could appreciate, some people don’t catch the depth.
- Sambandha means knowledge of soul, God, material energy. Applying that knowledge through selfless work is naishkarmya
- 41:00 Sastra, Darshan, Vedanta, Prema Caksus defined/explained
- 2nd chapter – soul, 3rd chapter – material energy, 4th chapter – about Krishna, 5th chapter – how to put it all together
- When Krishna speaks in 1st person, this is the most important conclusion, because all the scriptural knowledge is meant to develop love for Krishna
- Practical application includes knowledge, but in modern academy practical and knowledge often are separated
- 55:00 Vedic study is to study scriptures, actual knowledge, then think how to practically apply it. Modern – studying what’s practically happening, then trying to develop knowledge, theories.
- Parampara tells us how to interpret the transcendental knowledge that come as a result of naishkarmya
- 60:00 Devotees and demons split when we talk of personality of Krishna
- Education, culture and devotion = Buddhi yoga
- 73:00 Mind is accustomed to accepting and rejecting in a certain way, therefore intelligence brings up doubts
- Religiousness doesn’t necessarily mean devotion
- Actual tradition, based on inherent nature, does not become old
- The form of Parampara was there, but the actual mood was broken
- Knowledge means activity, and bliss is the result of activities
- Material existence is based on ignorance, therefore by changing body we forget everything