This course is part of Sastra-Caksus, Year 2 and consists of 101 lectures, available on:
Given in Bhaktivedanta Academy, Sridham Mayapur, November 2011-April 2012
The following are lecture notes briefly delineating its contents.
- Seeing someone important just by our whim does not even work in the material world.
- Krishna wants to see the living entity dealing in devotion. Otherwise, as Paramatma He is already seeing everyone.
- Whether there is material manifestation or not, everything is always resting on the Lord. There is no situation where the living entities are independent.
- Garbhodakashayi Vishnu, Pradyumna – generic position of what forms are there in the material manifestation. Controls our attraction to material energy.
- Ksirodakashayi Vishnu, Aniruddha – the Lord sanctioning of what forms are available to us and what can we work with. Controls our interaction with the material energy.
- Purusha-sukta describes Garbhodakashayi Vishnu. But since the forms of the Lord are also non-different from each others, many times prayers describe several or all of His aspects.
- Even plants have intelligence, but it is very limited.
- 19:50 Control is masculine, enjoyment is feminine. Woman’s and man’s control are different.
- Without activity, abhideya, there is neither security, nor enjoyement.
- Logic allows us to appreciate more what the acaryas are saying, but it does not make one more advanced on its own.
- 35:00 Morons and lessons
- 41:00 Only devotees can honestly use the saying ‘been there, done that.’
- 46:00 Every living entity perceives their duration of life as a hundred years.
- There is 9 months between leaving one body and being transferred to another.
- 51:30 How the living entity adjusts when being transferred to a body of an animal.
- We should not be overthinking and asking irrelevant questions.
- 62:30 Millions upon millions in the Vedic and modern understanding.
- 64:40 We have to be careful about poetry and comparisons. ‘Lotus eyes.’
- 69:00 How to attain focus in chanting?
- Unmanifest here means it is not manifest through the temporary external energy, it is existing eternally.
- 76:00 We tend to think that the spiritual world must be completely different from the material, but it is not so.
- 85:00 We use direct Krishna consciousness wherever possible, and use Brahman and Paramatma understanding in all other situations.
- The living entity is the cause of his own suffering or enjoyment, but its mechanics is carried out by material nature.