This course is part of Sastra-Caksus, Year 2 and consists of 25 lectures, available on:
Given in Bhaktivedanta Academy, Sridham Mayapur November-December 2011
The following are lecture notes briefly delineating its contents
- Only very powerful, very cultured and very rich people might get involved with several women, but still if they are intelligent they don’t do it.
- Association between men and women should be on the woman’s terms.
- Most men, while dealing with husband-wife relationship, their concept is not that of husband and wife, it is of a mommy and son.
- Lord Rama only took one wife, because with one wife one can be focused on the spiritual life.
- Attachments for prejudices and assets.
- Ancient prejudices are known as our nature.
- We can understand one’s last life by studying this life.
- In goodness one is bound by the pride of feeling wise and happy.
- Only sadhu-sanga can remove prejudices.
- All the women and children were following Sukadeva Goswami, but they were not taking advantage of his association as a Vaishnava.
- One should also have the qualification to take advantage of the association of pure devotee. Mrigari only had Narada’s association for a few moments and became perfect. People associated with Srila Prabhupada for 11 years, but still had many problems later.
- The person who could actually connect sinful activities to Krishna would be very advanced and would not do them anyway.
- Actual association is only there when there is affection.
- Giving food to a hungry person or accepting charity from a pious person is done out of duty, not with love; then it is not association. With devotees, these activities should be done with love.