This course is part of Sastra-Caksus, Year 1 and consists of 91 lectures, available on:
Given in Bhaktivedanta Academy, Sridham Mayapur, September 2010-April 2011
The following are lecture notes briefly delineating its contents.
- Krishna warns not to renounce the work prematurely, because everyone is comfortable in a certain environment. Work is not the problem, the problem is if we are not Krishna conscious, work’s results entangle us. But devotees continue working and surround themselves with facilities for serving Krishna. The principle of activity does not change.
- Advancing in devotional service it is possible that indirect activities are given up for the more direct devotional activities.
- 31:30 What is the position of the GBC?
- 51:00 Actual perfection of Pranayama is stopping the breathing.
- Authorized works of karmis, jnanis, yogis is not a problem, but the problem is that they claim the results for themselves.
- 59:00 Vedic culture is brahminical culture, because everybody is seeking Brahman
- How all devotees are actually brahmanas.
- Any varna, any ashrama done nicely is appreciated. For varna-sankara, ashrama-sankara, guna and karma don’t match. Karma-yoga means that activities should be nicely done.
- 86:30 Sannyasa is the standard for devotional activities – doing one’s duties without the expectation of result. By consciousness, person in any ashrama can be a sannyasi.
- 100:00 If the householder is simply into sense gratification, wife will be in control, and she will not be satisfied. If he does duties without emotions, she will also not be satisfied. But if there is an element of actual sannyasa, husband is involved and appreciating, but at the same time is beyond, then the wife will be satisfied.