This course is part of Sastra-Caksus, Year 1 and consists of 91 lectures, available on:
Given in Bhaktivedanta Academy, Sridham Mayapur, September 2010-April 2011
The following are lecture notes briefly delineating its contents.
- Krishna reciprocates as we surrender – both in the material and in the spiritual world.
- Friendship in another person comes from Krishna, if we deal properly with a friend, we receive a nice response – that means, Krishna reciprocates.
- People are getting little bits of pleasure in the material world, because in some way they dealt properly with Krishna’s energies, Krishna felt a little pleasure, and He reciprocated. But approaching Him as a person the pleasure is so much more.
- Bhakti is the whole thing together, it’s one thing, but people who only focus on separate aspects call it karma, jnana, yoga etc.
- There has to be balance between knowledge and sentiment, those are defined by God.
- Compassion means fulfilling a need. Devotees need to interact with Krishna, so Him fulfilling that is His compassion.
- With spiritual intelligence, one can overcome material emotions
- 33:00 to 45:00 WHY DISCOURAGE PIETY? AND VEDANTA IN OUR DAILY LIFE
- 50:20 Lord responds to the conditioned jiva’s karmas, but He has no need for it
- 56:00 Our conditioned nature manifests according to our mood and desires, and Krishna reciprocates, in the spiritual world it is nurtured by love for Krishna, in the material world – by lust
- 59:00 If we think Krishna is entangled, we will be entangled
- 69:00 to 81:30 FREE WILL, DESTINY AND KRISHNA-KARMA
- Discussion on Columbus discovering America.
- 83:00 Varnashrama is already there, but in the non-Vedic forms is non-scientific
- Brahminical occupations are turned into business by the vaishyas.
- Everyone and everything has their religion depending upon the inherent nature, even, for example, motorcycle gang.
- The essence of study is to see difference between principle and detail.
- Prabhupada’s books are principles, his letters are sometimes details.