- First 6 cantos describe samanya-bhakti – what devotional service is and what it is not.
19th Sep 2016 Lecture 1
16th May 2016 Lecture 2
- Muhurtas are all personalities.
16th May 2016 Lecture 3
- Anger should be overcome with intelligence because in anger intelligence goes. One should take things to a higher platform.
13th May 2016 Lecture 1
- Detachment from the material world cannot take place unless one comes in contact with devotees of parampara. Without such contact, one cannot even consider giving up desires here. Continue reading SB 6.5 NARADA MUNI CURSED BY PRAJAPATI DAKSHA
10th May 2016 Lecture 2
- The modes have nothing to do with the real nature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- We have difficulty because we either don’t see the world connected to the Lord, or we think everything is all right. Continue reading SB 6.4 THE HAMSA-GUHYA PRAYERS
6th May 2016 Lecture 3
- Yamaraja is death personified, and he does not get stopped by anyone.
- The chanting of the Holy Name is not restricted.
- No rule given in the Vedas ever get in the way of devotional service. They only get in the way if we think they have the same value as bhakti – we trip over our own low consciousness.
Chapter 6 started 5th May 2016 Lecture 1
- We should work on yama and niyama, not on rights.
- Leadership may do the best they can, but even during Lord Caitanya’s time there were people like Ramacandra Puri – to show that we cannot please everybody.
- We cannot satisfy anybody on the material platform – the material modes can turn things around too quickly.
- Who are we to expect something from the devotees?
CANTO 6 started 29th Apr 2016 Lecture 3
- Canto 6 explains how the Duties of Mankind is to connect themselves to the Supreme.
- Subsequent creation = Secondary creation
- SB 2.10.1 – The 10 subjects of a Purana
- Prescribed duties are posana – how things are maintained.
- We are supposed to learn how one who did something wrong will still be protected.
- The person doing wrong should be corrected, and also those who think that such a person cannot be corrected should be corrected.
CHAPTER 23 started 25th Apr 2016 Lecture 1 at 08 min 40 s
- From 4th Canto onwards descriptions are always connected to the Lord as a person and His desire.
- The movements of stars and planets are complex so we do not become bored trying to figure them out.
CHAPTER 22 started 22nd Apr 2016 Lecture 2
- The Lord establishes what is auspicious and what is inauspicious.
- Calculating auspicious and inauspicious times makes us think, but actually all situations are supposed to be about the Lord, not just what’s auspicious and inauspicious for us.
CHAPTER 21 started 22nd Apr 2016 Lecture 1
- The Universe is set up the way Lord likes it, for the elevation of the living entities, therefore there are different places and different mentalities.
- We must follow the Vedas, but the whole point of the Vedas is to perform our duties to please the Lord.