This course is part of Sastra-Caksus, Year 1 and consists of 91 lectures, available on:
Given in Bhaktivedanta Academy, Sridham Mayapur, September 2010-April 2011
The following are lecture notes briefly delineating its contents.
- 02:45 There is no material solution to material problems, if there are problems, it means the material world is going on in the right way. The only solution is spiritual. (Examples of varieties of cooking, women’s needs, and diseases)
- 10:45 You don’t have to do material things with material energy
- 2nd chapter – discusses that there is material and spiritual, that engaged material doesn’t create problem
- 3rd chapter – starts explaining how to engage
- 20:30 Disastrous effects of not engaging temple devotees according to their nature
- 25: 15 temple president only needs one verse
- 28:30 Surrendering to Krishna is the main quality of devotee, but how it looks like will be different for each person
- 40:00 Hierarchy doesn’t mean centralization. Discussion of problems in ISKCON structure due to not understanding Varnashrama. Prabhupada was trying to establish leadership.
- 54:40 to 56: 15 Funny story on engaging conditioned nature in Krishna’s service
- 58:30, again from 62:15 Jiva is not doing anything in the material world except for desiring
- 60:00 If you don’t understand how jiva got into material world, don’t worry about it
- 64:00 What does it mean to fight Maya?
- 67:00 Devotee is aloof from material activities
- 75:00 Why not doing activities is sometimes emphasized/glorified
- 80:00 For impersonalists, liberation is The Thing, they consider themselves the doer. Recognizing the Lord and having firm faith in Him, one is already liberated
- 90:00 Faith is the central point throughout bhakti process
- Very end – rules and regulations are there to engage in devotional service, but we have to engage them